MODEL--STOCK CAR SPECIFICATIONS
1) COMPETING MODELS
- Open to 1965 through 2012 models. No trucks or
- Open to American made sedans and hardtops. No
- Any General Motors, Ford, Chrysler, etc. may compete and look
2) WEIGHT RULE
A. Car must weigh a minimum
of 2650lbs. with driver after the race.
B. Camaro Stub with Bert transmission must
weigh 2700lbs. Fabricated Stub with Bert transmission
must weigh 2750lbs.
C. Fabricated Stub must weigh 2700lbs,
with 50lb weight fastened from the mid plate of bell housing
D. Weights up to 50 lbs must be securely
fastened by 2 ½ inch, minimum grade 5 bolts with a minimum of 2
weight clamps. Threaded rods will not be permitted. All
weights must be painted white and clearly labeled with the car
number on it.
E. Any weight(s) must be securely attached to
the frame below the body decking.
F. Any car that loses any weight/ballast
during an event may be subject to a penalty. If you lose your
weight and its not marked with your number, you do not get it
G. Weights attached to the rear bumper and/or
outside the frame will not be permitted.
H. Pellet-type and/or liquid-type
weight/ballast will not be permitted.
I. Driver operated weight adjustment,
'weight jacking' devices will not be permitted.
- All cars must be STOCK appearing, full bodies, neat and
clean. Badly mutilated, damaged or unsightly cars are not
permitted. Maximum width 80 inches. NO Corvette
- Trunk decks need to be solid.
- Hoods must remain in original locked position and closed. All
hoods must have positive fastener. Shock cord
recommended. No car permitted to start race without a hood
unless given special permission by track steward.
- Filler disk in steering wheel recommended (i.e. AFCO).
- Any type of bracing for protection, front or back, will be
permitted as long as it is not visible. Outside bracing
permitted as long as it is no more than one inch above bumperettes
or no higher than the lip of the hood or trunk lid. Rub-rails
between wheels permitted if flush with body and no larger than 1 x
1-1/2" rectangular tube (NO SHARP EDGES!). Must remain inside
wheelbase and tire thread and be painted color of car. All
front bracing must be behind the nose, 1/8" thick by 2" wide strap
steel may be used to hold nose to inner bracing.
- Body must extend beyond wheels and tires.
- Firewall may be altered if put back in safe condition.
- Mandatory full-size roof. Roof must be centered on
car. Must look O.E.M.
- Main bumper minimum 17" from bottom to ground.
- Exposed cable or chain on front and rear of car for towing
- Rear clip must be stock appearing and stock length
- No offset bodies.
- Rear spoiler maximum height 8" x 72" long. Side panels 8"
high in rear, 4 ½" in front, no longer than 18".
- Full windshield screen recommended. What is MANDATORY is
a minimum of 3 additional roll bars must be mounted in front of the
driver. No EXCEPTIONS. No TOLERANCE.
5) ENGINE - No V6's
- Engine must be stock appearing. A maximum of 25 ½" inches
from the center of the right front upper ball joint to the back of
the engine block will be used for engine location. This will
be measured with a go-no-go gauge. NO TOLERANCE.
- Engine and transmission may be interchanged with other makes,
Chevy in Ford etc.
- Engine must be stock appearing. No dry-sump engines
- Crankshaft height - no lower than nine inches from ground
(measured from center bolt).
- No aluminum engines - OEM or otherwise.
- 390 CFM Holley. Will be checked with Carburetor Test
Gauge Kit 7861.
- Venture Bore Pri and
- Booster O.D. at parting
- Booster O.D. at top and
- Booster cross leg
- Booster leg pin
.720 (+ or -) .010
- Throttle Bore Pri and
- Combined Throttle Shaft &
- Any type ignition system.
- No computerized triggering systems, MUST HAVE DISTRIBUTOR.
- Any tachometer allowed except for those with timing control
ability. YOU MAY BE REQUIRED TO UNPLUG YOUR TACH.
- No manual timing control systems.
- All cars must be equipped with self-starter in working
8) FLYWHEEL, CLUTCH, TRANSMISSION, REAR AXLE
A. Clutch assembly must be fastened to the
back of the motor & be inside a scatter shield.
B. Transmissions (i.e. Bert, Brinn, etc.,) are
permissible with 50lb. weight penalty.
C. Rear axle assemblies allowed that are safe
for racing. Rear ends - 2 suspension setups only, three bar
or multiple leaf.
a. Three bar car - solid
mounted. Birdcages allowed but must be pinned solid. No
swing arms. No spring rod or rubber controller on top
bar. Both springs and/or shocks must be mounted in front of
rear axle, on top of axle or behind axle. No staggering
permitted. Three bar car consists of 2 lower links mounted to
the rear axle or birdcage, forward facing along with 1 upper link
attached to axle-forward facing toward front of the car.
NOTE: Any variation to the facing or mounting of the 3-link
bars will have to be approved by the track; a penalty may be
assessed of 100lb weight addition mounted in front of the mid plate
of the bell housing.
b. Leaf car - leafs can
be steel or fiberglass and you are allowed two shocks on top.
D. Quick change may be used; full locked type
only-no anti-slips. NOTE: LOCKED means both
wheels must turn same direction only. Must have spool inside
E. No added traction bar assemblies such as
Reese-type or fifth spring, etc. Stabilizers must be rigid,
no rubber units or telescoping.
- All springs must be metal only.
- No cushion drive plates on rear axle hubs.
- Stock-Any chassis welded to Camaro stub 48"
long with stock lower control arms.
- Fabricated chassis are permissible with 50lb
weight penalty mounted from mid plate of bell housing forward.
- Minimum Wheel Base 103".
- Steering rack and pinion or stock allowed (quick steering
allowed on stock style only). Power steering
11) FUEL CELLS
- Fuel cells mandatory. Rollover valve recommended on vent
tube. If you purchase new fuel cell make sure it has a
rollover valve on vent tube. Fuel cells must be mounted
behind rear axle between rear tires, a minimum 4" ahead of the rear
- Recommended to have additional bar above rear bumper across
rear of fuel cell.
- Fuel pumps mechanical only. No electrical fuel
- RACING GASOLINE ONLY.
A. Heavy duty shocks permissible.
Adjustable shocks allowed but cannot be changed from
- We recommend pipes extend beyond the driver to the outer edge
of the car or to the rear. Pipes must extend out of the
- Any headers - Silencers required and must meet 100 dcb
at 100 feet.
15) COOLING SYSTEM
A. Radiator must be mounted in front of motor. No
B. Discharge from over flow tube must be pointed to the
- Reversed wheels permitted but must be inside fenders and safe
for racing. 10 inch - width maximum
- Safety wheels recommended. All wheels must be painted
WHITE or be LIGHT COLORED.
- Steel rims and wheels recommended. No bead locks.
- Tires must be purchased from Sycamore Speedway only.
- 2 compounds available, 77-89 bias ply Hoosier casing.
- No grooving or altering of tire.
SUPER LATE MODEL CLASS
ELIGIBILITY - Must compete in 90% of races at
Sycamore Speedway. No point money if you race at another
track on a night that Sycamore Speedway is racing. 5% of
Super Late Model purse will be held back and matched by Sycamore
Speedway for a point fund. Point fund payments are paid to
POINTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
DRIVER & OWNER POINTS
TIME TRIALS 1 point for fast time (remember you
must run dash in order to get this point)
TROPHY DASH 1 point for who qualifies &
starts the trophy dash
HEAT, SEMI FEATURES
1st = 3
FAST HEAT 1st = 4 points
2nd = 2
2nd = 3 points
3rd = 1
3rd = 2 points
FEATURE 1st = 14
4th = 1 point
2nd = 12 points
3rd = 11 points
4th = 10 points
5th = 9 points
6th = 8 points
7th = 7 points
8th = 6 points
9th = 5 points
10th = 4 points
11th = 3 points
12th = 2 points
13th & below = 1 point
LAST YEAR'S POINT CHAMPIONS RETURN MONEY - 1st $100,
2nd $75, 3rd $50, 4th &
MUST meet point fund qualifications to be eligible for any
points or bonus money. All money paid at end of season or at
Please Note: We are looking to schedule 4 open class
nights for those of you with 4 bar cars. We will be adding it
as a specialty to our regular program. More details to