2014 SPECTATOR & POWDER PUFF & COMPACT & DEMOLITIONS
RULES AND REGULATIONS
DO NOT REMOVE ANY INTERIOR PANELS OR PASSENGER SEAT
1) GENERAL RULES for Spectator, Powder Puff and Full-Size Demolitions
- Any stock American made automobile or station wagon with a minimum 106-inch wheelbase is allowed. NO TRUCKS, SUV'S, CONVERTIBLES, AND T-TOPS ALLOWED. NO CAMEROS. NO FIREBIRDS.
- Age limit - valid driver's license.
- No drinking on track or pit area or you will be removed from the grounds.
- We will draw for starting positions, or other means, to facilitate positioning.
- The number of events, number of cars in each event, type of racing (normal or novelty) and finishing positions will be determined by the officials and their decision is FINAL.
- We will exercise our judgment for what is best under the existing circumstances to which track, half or quarter mile, the competing cars will race on.
- All scoring and positions are determined at the time the leader received the checkered flag. Official's decision is FINAL. Your car must be ready to race when the event is called. We will not hold up any race for your car. Any disputes, questions or problems will be heard and settled in the Pit Office. Track officials will resolve all racing matters. All racecars must abide by the safety and general rules of the Sycamore Speedway. A copy of the general rules may be obtained at the pit office or by calling (815) 895-5454 between 10 am to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday or on the web @ www.sycamorespeedway.com.
- We want everybody to have a chance to race. We will not allow any goodies or high performance parts or pieces, valve covers, springs, shocks, aftermarket parts. NO EXCEPTIONS. For further information, call us. Winning cars could be vacuum tested.
- Remember, the important thing is your car must be stock or it cannot run. This is the FUN class and the payoff is trophies (for the CADET class). If you as a driver are not satisfied with the money involved, you are asked to forget the Cadet competition and advance into another division. DRIVER'S NOTE: Remember, these cars are to be stock. If you win and are not STOCK, you will forfeit win.
- First and second place cars must start at the rear of the pack the next racing event.
- All cars will be inspected before the race. Winning cars may be inspected after the race. NO coverage or responsibility for any damage to any car. Cars must be numbered and inspected by the Tech Team. Numbers may be obtained by calling (815) 895-5454 between 10 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday. Racecars will be inspected by officials at times they so designate.
- All cars must run heat races and trophies dashes.
- DECISION OF JUDGES AND SCORERS IS FINAL.
A. Safety belts, Snell approved helmets, goggles and/or face shields, gloves, long sleeves, long pants and closed toed shoes are required. Flame resistant fire suit highly recommended.
3) PREPARING CAR FOR RACING
- DO NOT REMOVE ANY INTERIOR PANELS OR PASSENGER SEAT.
- STRICTLY ENFORCED. DO NOT REMOVE FACTORY WINDSHIELD.All other glass, including head and tail lights, must be removed before arriving at the speedway. Cars must be swept clean. No junk tires, wheels, metal parts, etc. allowed in car.
- Windshields are Mandatory for Spectator , Powder Puff & Compact…..if their windshield breaks they can replace with a windscreen with the following conditions:
- i. A 4 point roll cage installed in the race car
- ii. 3 bars welded across the front where the existing windshield was
- iii. A windscreen (same size squares as SLM/LM) the same size as the old windshield installed.
- iv. A full face helmet with a shield…no Motorcross helmet, no open face helmet
- v. Gloves must be worn at all times. No EXCEPTIONS.
Front doors must be painted white and left blank for numbering. KEEP SAME NUMBER ALL YEAR. Different car-same driver-SAME NUMBER.
- Any sharp protruding objects on cars must be smashed down or cut off.
- DRIVER's DOOR must be welded shut all other doors must be fastened shut can be wired, strapped, welded or chained.
- Any driver's door coming open during the race will be disqualified.
- Hood and deck lids must be operable until after inspection. Hood and deck lid must open for inspection. NO CHAINS OR WELDED. Hood pins allowed and encouraged.
- Number painted on passenger door, should be PAINTED with CONTRASTING COLORS i.e. black door/white number. Navy Blue and Black are NOT contrasting colors. NUMBER WILL BE 18" HIGH MINIMUM, STRICTLY ENFORCED.
- Both front seats must be in place. We strongly recommend you leave interior of your car complete.
- Insulation under hood must be removed.
- No special bumpers, reinforcements or fabrications other than stock replacements will be allowed.
- Batteries may be moved to any reasonable position in the car, but they must be securely fastened and covered. Only one, any size battery allowed. Fans may be removed.
- Cutting fenders for wheel clearance only is permissible.
- Suspension must work and must be stock. Car must sit level.
- It is recommended that an opening be cut in hood over carburetor 8" square or diameter.
- Rocker panel wrap may be used on driver side door not to exceed 6" above bottom of door and .060 thick.
- Roll Bars highly recommended.
- FUEL TANKS: If you are not running stock fuel tank it must be in the trunk well secured. I.e. Using a tie down or ratchet strap is not considered well secured. As well stock fuel tank must be removed.
- All openings from trunk of car to interior cab must be covered and sealed.
A. Cooling system must remain in engine compartment. Radiators and fans may be removed. NO antifreeze.
B. Reinforcement support is allowed for radiator, ie kicker bar allowed. This is nothing more than to hold radiator in upright position.
C. Discharge from overflow tube must be pointed to the ground.
5) POWER TRAIN
- Must be stock as it comes from factory.
- NO locked rear ends or welded spider gears are permitted. Limited slip differential allowed.
- Welded, solid or chained down engine motor mounts are permitted and recommended for safety.
- Stock O.E.M. cast iron exhaust manifolds only. NO headers.
6) WHEELS & TIRES
- Stock wheel nuts, 7/16 and 1/2 and 1
- No snow tires.
- No white spoke or racing wheels, 7-inch maximum width.
- No pipes welded over tire valve stems.
- No Good Year LT Wrangler tires - No LT or AT tires.
- Any winner using different size tires to aid in handling will be disqualified.
- S10/Ford Ranger truck rims allowed, no other truck rims allowed.
7) THINGS NOT TO USE
- NO HIGH performance products or aftermarket products.
- NO locked rear ends.
- NO spring jacks or blocked shocks or reverse shackles permitted. Suspension must be free of blocks.
- NO setting up of chassis.
- NO pinching of shocks to stop travel.
- NO obscene or dirty language or pictures to be painted on car.
- NO aftermarket electric fuel pumps.
- NO welding and no chaining of bumpers or mounts.
- NO racing gas or additives.
8) FULL-SIZE DEMOLITIONS-NO PROFESSIONAL SETUPS! NO FAIR CARS!
Pit steward has the right to refuse your car to race if s/he feels it is unsafe.
COMPACT CAR RACES/DEMOLITIONS - All general rules and safety regulations apply, 1-7 under the Spectator and Powder Puff rules and regulations plus the following:
- All glass must be removed except windshield.
- For more details refer to section 3) B.
- No snow tires.
- Number must be legible and able to be seen from the score tower or you will not be scored!
- Maximum wheelbase 106".
- Remove plastic grills.
- Compact "race cars" 4 cylinder only
- No turbo engines
- No rear engine cars
SPECTATORS/POWDER PUFF/COMPACT DRIVERS:
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE TO PUT YOUR CAR IN THE PITS AFTER THE RACES!
8) CAR STORAGE/PICK UP
- You may leave your car at the speedway AT YOUR OWN RISK. If you leave your car, be prepared to show proof of ownership prior to removing car. For this information and to obtain your racing number, call 815-895-5454 between 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. If car does not run for one race night, car will be removed. NO EXCEPTIONS. We pay top prices for your junk car. Check with Pit Steward. NOT RESPONSIBLE for any car left at Speedway.
- If your car does not race for 3 weeks and you are using Sycamore Speedway for car storage there will be a $5/per car weekly storage fee.
- Weekly car pickup will be tentatively scheduled for all Tuesdays during regular race season. Specific times will be posted later on website.
SPECTATOR/POWDER PUFF/COMPACT POINTS/PAYOUT
1) FRIDAY EVENTS:
- You will qualify for your races. If you do not make qualifying you will be placed in the rear of the slower heat and feature. No exceptions. The driver racing the car must be the one who qualifies it. 1 point will be awarded to the fastest qualifier in each class
- Trophy Dash: You must run the trophy dash to get your fast time point and to not forfeit your feature position. If you do not run the dash you will start in the rear of your feature. There will be 1 point awarded to the top 3 finishers of the dash.
- Heats: Powder Puff & Compact - you must run this race in order to keep your position for the feature. Points will be awarded to the fast heat as follows: 1st place = 3 points, 2nd place = 2 points, 3rd place = 1 point. The other heats will be awarded: 1st place = 2 points, 2nd place = 1 point.
- i. Powder Puff: 1st place = 5 points, 2nd place = 4 points, 3rd place = 3 points, 4th place = 2 points, 5th place = 1 point.
- ii. Compact & Spectator Fast Feature: 1st place = 5 points, 2nd place = 4 points, 3rd place = 3 points, 4th place = 2 points, 5th place = 1 point.
- iii. Compact & Spectator Other Features: 1st place = 3 points, 2nd place = 2 points, 3rd place = 1 point
- Trophies will be the same
- Cash Payout:
- i. Spectator 25 lap feature payout: 1st place = $100, 2nd place = $25 & 3rd place = $15
- ii. Powder Puff feature will payout: 1st place = $40, 2nd place = $25, 3rd place = $15, 4th place = $10, 5th place = $10.
- iii. Compact Features will payout: 1st place = $40, 2nd place = $25, 3rd place = $15, 4th place = $10, 5th place = $10.
2) SATURDAY EVENTS : You will draw for heat races and your placement in your heat will determine the lineup for the feature. We will only run 1 feature per class with points being 1st place is 2 points and 2nd place is 1 point. Heat winners will be awarded 1 point.
- Payout: 1st place = $60, 2nd place = $35, 3rd place = $25, 4th place = $20 and 5th place = $10.
- If car count warrants 2 features the above payout will be split in ½ respectively. Points will go for both features.
*****ATTENTION CAR OWNERS AND SPONSORS*****
Many advertising options are available for your business at the Sycamore Speedway.
Call 815-895-5454 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.